The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral communication skills and a commitment to organization and accuracy. Experience in graphic design, marketing, and web development/content management is required.
Primary responsibilities and tasks:
• Assist with website maintenance, including blog posts and calendar updates. Assist developers and senior staff with site updates and enhancements
• Maintain museum’s social media outreach, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, FourSquare, etc.
• Monitor outside media and internet for museum-related content
• Maintain online event calendars
• Create and maintain content for digital monitors and signage
Other responsibilities and tasks:
• Assist with the creation of content for brochures, promotional materials, emails, presentations, direct mail, newsletters, annual reports and special events
• Assist with creation of press releases, presentations, scripts and other content as directed
• Assist Director in promoting museum activities with local, regional and national media
• Organize and maintain contact lists, files and records
• Basic photography of museum events
• Respond to inquiries from the public
• Other duties as assigned
• Demonstrated experience creating and/or managing a professional website
• Demonstrated proficiency with basic print and graphic design; knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Excellent skills in grammar, writing and communication
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English, computer science or closely related business field
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills and ability to work independently
• Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with staff, volunteers, the media, outside vendors and the general public
Application, deadlines, and compensation:
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Director of Communications
National Infantry Foundation
1775 Legacy Way, Suite 220
Columbus, GA 31903
or by fax to 706-653-8368.
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.
This position pays an hourly rate, commensurate with experience and skill level.